Saturday, December 26, 2009

How many days a week, if any, do you NOT get up and take a shower and put on makeup and do your hair?

Are you a stay home mom? Do you let your kids stay in their pj's all day as well? Just curious. I feel ';guilty'; if we all don't get up and get going-- just trying to see what the rest of the world does. Thanks!How many days a week, if any, do you NOT get up and take a shower and put on makeup and do your hair?
I am a stay home mom and in the summer we always get up and get dressed and get going because we are always busy doing something outdoors. I like to keep my kids active.





In the winter they have school during the week but I admit on the weekends we occassionally will have a lazy day where we all just hang around in PJ's and watch movies and play board games. Even in the winter though I'd say it's maybe once a month we do that. We have 4 kids so we usually have something going on.





I shower at night most of the time because I like to go to bed feeling nice and clean (I honestly don't know how people go to bed dirty and then shower in the morning LOL, that seems so odd to me). I don't wear much make-up so it doesn't take me long to ';get ready'; in the morning.How many days a week, if any, do you NOT get up and take a shower and put on makeup and do your hair?
I'm not a mom, but I work with kids all day long.





First, don't feel guilty.


Second, I do think kids need more of a routine so they know what is expected of them. Example, wake up, eat breafast, shower, and get outside for goodness sake. I see a lot of kids these days who do nothing but sit in front of the tv all day long and don't get out enough. This is a major health concern among doctors. It's okay once in a while but making a routine out of sitting around most of the days out of the week isn't healthy. It's important implant these things in them while they are young, when they grow up they won't be healthy or want to do anything. They look at you as a role model, you're the mother. Set a good example!
I am a stay at home mom but since I run a home daycare, I do those things everyday. I am up and dressed early every weekday and so are my children. On Saturday, we usually go out and run some errends and then do something fun as a family, so I get all ready then , too. On Sunday, we go to church twice a day, so I have to get ready on that day, too. As you can see, I LONG for a day of no make up and hair! :-)
On weekends if we have no plans to go out or anything, I stay in my PJ's during winter (never in Summer as I feel dirty if in the same clothes for too long in summer lol) and let the kids do so as well, as it's just too cold and heck if we aren't going anywhere where's the harm? No one is going to see, however if we are expecting visitors then we get changed sometimes, if they are not invited and turn up whilst we're in our pj's too bad, it's our home and there's nothing wrong with it.


Never during the week though as I have to take 3 of our 4 to school.


Don't feel guilty, it's one of the luxuries some of us Stay At Home Mums can enjoy so enjoy while you can. it's not like we can do it every day.
I shower everyday....it can be morning or not but I do shower. I usually dont put make up on since I am a stay at home mother and I dont go anywhere. If I did go out of the house I put make up on. I get dressed almost everyday but I admit there are some days when I just stay in jammies but I still do shower. As for my daughter who is 3 months.....I always bath her at bedtime and first thing in the morning I dress her pretty;) There has only been a few days that I have left her in her jammies and that was when we had the air on high and I changed her into new jammies tho.....but you should not feel guily. You have the right to do whatever you want as a mother. Im sure your children are fed and have new diapers put on so dont worry about it. If you are just staying home its fine to leave everyone in jammies. Just enjoy your life with your kids
I'm a homeschooling mom, so we can homeschool in our pj's if we want. We're out of the house at least 4 or 5x a week for coops, feildtrips and other activities, so obviously we're showering and getting dressed those days!





Make-up - I can safely say I don't wear it 7 days a week. Don't wear any, saves me a fortune which I then spend on important things like legos and books. :)
I shower every day, but I dont get dressed nice and make up unless I am going out. I wear house shorts (this is what I call shorts that are comfortable, but entirely too short to wear out), sweat pants and t shirts.


If I go out... I will put on decent clothes to go to the store or whatever. But I usually only wear make up if I am going out out, like to dinner or movies or whatever. My hair.... I really only style if I am going out out. Most of the other time it is pinned up.





I dont think you should feel guilty at all. I mean, if you guys are lounging in bed most of the day every day, then yeah. But once in a while, no big deal. Staying in comfy clothes all day, no big deal. Showering in the afternoon or evening instead of morning, no big deal.
I think I've only worn makeup MAYBE 5 times in the last 4 years-I just don't care anymore and personally think it looks cheap on ME (not on others, but for me it looks weird)... I do not wash my hair every day-personally, I've found my hair is so much healthier and shinier, and since I get it colored, I will not wash it every day because your natural oil is good for keeping your hair healthy... and honestly, with three kids and being 5 months pregnant, I'm so lazy anymore I don't always shower every day... I HATE wearing pj's except for late at night and only during sleep. I feel gross and frumpy if I wear them any longer than 30 minutes after waking up...


As far as my kids, LOL, I'm lucky if they keep their clothes on, let alone their pjs... they enjoy running around in diapers and our son in his boxers! :)
I am a stay-home mom of 4...there are days when the toddlers will run around in their jammies all day. Ugh. There are days when I am cleaning the house in my pajamas at 7pm when my husband gets home from work...never got a shower or anything! As a mom we get busy...even though we are at home, that doesn't mean that we have time to make ourselves beautiful! Ha ha ha!





I try to get a shower in the mornings, just to help wake me up. I let my hair air dry and never get to the make-up unless we are going out (which is very rare).





As long as your family is taken care of and you are happy and healthy, go for it girl! NO GUILT! :)
yeah in all fairness we have our lazy days as much as any one else but its like a job you just have to get up and get on with it,.......seriosly your a mother and have to show your kids that its not ok to spend all day in your pjs,you have to just get up and fecking make a stand,im a mum of a 14 month old and my oldest is 4 next week,im 24 and my boyfriend and me are building a house.i have to get a job as ive been unemployed since my first baby,but its ok to have your OFF DAYS and not bother but please set an example for your kids thats the key ingredient to a good (sucsefull life for your kids) LEAD BY EXAMPLE!!!!!!!!!!!!! i turned 24 in june and had alot of growing up to do!! hope you get on well,its so tough on the days you feel like lazing about i wish i could do that again but i have a family now and thats what its all about! hope you feel the same soon and not guilty anymore,,look at your wee babies when you get up in the morning,its so amazing!!they look so innocent!! and going through the day keep that image of them waking up! so cute and quiet!!!!!!!!!!!!
I get up and grab a shower and do my hair and put some pj's back on if we arent going anywhere... i also let the kids stay in their pj's if they arent going swimming or outside to play... I am a stay at home mom to two boys ages 10 and 7 yrs and they dont care if i put makeup on they just want me to be mommy ...
one of the great benefits of being a stay at home mom!!!





I shower every day...sometimes twice. and shave every day.





I wear make-up and hair stuff for sure on Sundays, Wednesdays, and Fridays (we go to church those days), and I wear make-up if I know I'll be seeing anyone my hubby works with (like if we stop by his work for some reason). On the other days it could go either way. For a long time our rule around here was monday was pajama day! It will probably be rule again when school starts up (we homeschool). We love it....there's nothing better than a cold rainy day with a fire going while we are snugged under a blanket with great books and hot chocolate!!!!


I used to make sure I had make-up on when hubby walked through the door, but now we usually go to the gym to swim when he gets home....so it's all natural.


don't feel guilty....enjoy this time...for me it's already going by too fast!!! oh...also monday isn't the only day we pj it.....it just depends on which days we run errands or do field trips...but we are very casual around here. and I just want to remind you that the snuggling, playing and meeting basic needs are all VERY important in bonding with your kids.....you should never feel guilty about doing that. When your kids look back they won't be thinking ';why were we always in our pj's?'; they'll be grateful they had a mom who knew the importance of spending time with them...and just being available for them.


oh, and if you have a little girl, do the make-up thing with her....it's much more fun that way!!!!
I am a southern stay at home mom, and no matter what I always get dressed. BUT I don't always put on my make-up or do my hair. A simple pony-tail is enough for me! I guess I'd let my kids sit around in their PJ's, but my 15 and 17 year old are always outside with their friends and believe it or not so is my 7 year old! I rarely stumble across a day like that though :)
Well I rarely wear make up and I have fairly short hair so all I need to do is brush and I'm good to go. I shower usually every second day and there are days that my kids don't get out of their pj's until after lunch once I have most of the housework done.
Don't ever feel guilty about your parenting skills! I have days where I get up and go and days where I just lay around in bed with my daughter and watch TV. Being a stay at home mom can be spontaneous it doesn't have to be ritualistic...that's one of the perks! :)
I am not a stay at home mom, however even on my days off, I shower and put make up on. As far as my kids, if we're just staying home, they can stay in there pj's if they want. If we're going out they get dressed.
i remember one day i sat in my pj watching horrors and hauntings until 6pm. lol! it was a fun day. i did it with my mom.
i take a shower everyday and put make up on every other day. weekends are pj days if nothing is planned.
only if i am going out....mostly stay at home looking like a bum
weekends and i'm even a mom yet.
I'm ten so never!





Emma
I am a stay at home mom of 3. I have a household to run and I don't have the luxery of doing my hair and makeup everday. I wished I could but it's just not possible. I have to do 2 loads of dishes a day, vaccum at least twice a day, do about 60 loads of laundry a day, and cook 10 different meals a day. Not to mention doctors appointments, extra cirricular activities, choir concerts, sports, family outings....ugh it's a wonder I have time to take a shower!! I let my 2 year old stay in her jammies until it's time to run errands. Makes things easier.
im not a mother@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@lol

No comments:

Post a Comment