Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Anyone have ideas for how get my parents to allow me to dye my hair (sections) or at least let me wear makeup?

I'm almost fifteen... pretty much every girl at my school wears some amount of makeup, and I don't want to wear gobs of it or anything. As for my hair... light streaks or a layer of blonde would be nice.Anyone have ideas for how get my parents to allow me to dye my hair (sections) or at least let me wear makeup?
when i was 15 and wanted stuff like that done, i would point out all the stuff about me it wouldnt change and why i deserve it.





i still do actually, just recently i got my nose pierced.


and to get permission i told my parents that it wouldnt make me any different and that i wouldnt start hanging out with the ';bad crowd'; and then i followed it up with telling them about my good grades and how i never get into trouble.





if they say no, wait until you have done something good, and they are happy and mention it again, and again.Anyone have ideas for how get my parents to allow me to dye my hair (sections) or at least let me wear makeup?
Just go ahead and do it. You want to. If you;re not going to do it in excess, then there shouldn't be any issue.





A lot of parents see makeup and hair dying as a major step in growing up a point wher you're not playing at being ';mommy'; when you break into her makeup box when you're 6. This is real and they don't like seeing you as an adult, especially at 15.





If it's for religious views then point out that you're still you, just with make up.





Regardless, point out that youre still their daughter and this is a way that you want to express yourself, and you want to do it for yourself and not to impress some boy at school. You want to do this to make yourself feel (more) beautiful. Underneath everything you are still the daughter they raised and always will be.
For the hair, find a picture and show your parents what you want your hair to look like. Maybe they just need to see that it won't be too awful. Maybe that could work for makeup, too, putting some on and showing them that you'll only be wearing a little. Good luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment