Wednesday, April 28, 2010

I need some tips on scene makeup and hair. help?

i am ';scene'; but my makeup doesnt want to stay in the right place lol. so do you have any ideas?I need some tips on scene makeup and hair. help?
if your makeup is smudging throughout the day then you need to. . .





First apply a eye primer





then powder over and under your eyes.





next apply all of the makeup and it might help to get the same color shadow as your eyeliner and go over it





besides makeup cant last FOREVER just make more time in the day to fix yourself bring your makeup with you and do little touch ups!





hope i helped!I need some tips on scene makeup and hair. help?
I wouldn't call myself ';scene'; but I often use very noticeable eyeshadow and dark colors that I want to stay put all day. If you really want your make-up to stick out and stay like the scene girls do, you're going to have to put down some cash.





My biggest weapon for flawless eyeshadow: eyeshadow primer. Absolutely. If I wear eyeshadow without it, it melts right into my creases and starts getting my lashes all powdery. It's a mess. I use Too Faced Shadow Insurance, which you can get at Sephora. It's about $17, but trust me well worth it. The colors pop right on it, and my shadow stays put all day until I remove it at night.





For liner, I use Urban Decay 24/7 liner. It's a stick liner, and it's wonderful. I stay at college for 12 hours at a time since I work and go to school there, and my liner doesn't budge. $16, I think, but well worth it.





In case you're wondering, I use Kat Von D's line of eyeshadow for eyeshadow and for my brows. She makes these wonderful eyeshadow palettes that are perfect for the look you're going for. They're a bit pricey, $35, but again, if you want scene makeup, you have to spend a little. ;) MAC is also a great product, but I don't have too much experience with what colors are good and what are not. You can always check out http://www.maccosmetics.com and browse around. These shadows will not budge, and will be very noticeable.





I use brushes that you get at the craft store, the ones that are ';meant'; for painting. =p I have one big dome brush, one small dome brush, and a blending brush, which is a fluffy brush. The dome brushes look like this: http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?鈥?/a>


blending brush like this: http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?鈥?/a>





If you have those brushes, you really don't need any others (for your eyes, anyway). I think I also got a tiny angled brush for liner, but I rarely use it. It all ended up being $15 at Michael's, and they work just as well as professional brushes.





Here are the links to the products mentioned:


Primer: http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?鈥?/a>


Liner: http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?鈥?/a>


Shadow: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jh鈥?/a>





If you don't believe me on how awesome those products are, check out the ratings/reviews for them. ;)





As for the rest of your face, I can't really help out there. I go all out with my eyes and leave the rest of my face without make up, since my skin isn't bad looking, and I use chapstick for my lips. =p





Hope that helps! If you have questions, go ahead and e-mail me.
my older sister is scene and she uses MAC Eye Shadow , Benefit BADgal Lash Mascara and more makeup like that cuz it works better it mite help yu.

No comments:

Post a Comment